How can I volunteer for the Festival?
Volunteer applications will open 1 January 2020, with first round offers emailed during the first week of February.
Make sure your application is in by 31 January!
Volunteer applications for bmmf 2020 can only be made via our website by completing an online application form.
All Volunteers for bmmf 2020 are required to complete the online application form including volunteers who have worked in a volunteer position in previous festivals.
What's the deal with volunteering?
Your volunteer commitment is a minimum of 10 hours over the festival. In return, you receive a free weekend pass, a festival t-shirt, an invitation to the Volunteers Party, and the warm fuzzy feeling of being part of the Festival.
We are happy to try and meet your needs if you have kids, work, travel restrictions or other responsibilities, but there is a need to share the shifts around in an equitable way.
- Welcome Crew - You are the first point of contact for the festival. Greeting patrons, Checking Wristbands, Public Relations, mostly standing work.
- Bar Staff – NSW RSA essential. Till work and serving.
- Bar Set-up/Pack-Down Crew – Physical Work, heavy lifting. Working Thursday set-up and Sunday pack-down.
- MC & Stage Management – Experience necessary. Includes security, supporting the musicians and the technical crew.
- Electrical Crew – Experience essential, mostly in the week leading up to the festival, physical work in diverse areas to prepare the festival site.
- Box Office Crew – Cash handling experience necessary, public relations, working a til and EFTPOS machine.
- Merchandise Crew – Cash handling experience necessary, public relations.
- Festival Bump-in/out Crew – Set-up: Friday day-time /Pack Down: Sunday late afternoon/evening – Heavy physical work with a team.
- Clean-up Crew – Public Relations to help patrons understand the recycling system, no heavy lifting.
- Organising Committee – The dedicated and hard-working committee members who go above and beyond.