How can I volunteer for the Festival?
Volunteer applications for bmmf 2018 can only be made via our website by completing an online application form.
All Volunteers for bmmf 2018 are required to complete the online application form including volunteers who have worked in a volunteer position in previous festivals.
What's the deal with volunteering?
Your volunteer commitment is a minimum of 10 hours over the festival. In return, you receive a free weekend pass, a festival t-shirt, an invitation to the Volunteers Party, and the warm fuzzy feeling of being part of the Festival.
We are happy to try and meet your needs if you have kids, work, travel restrictions or other responsibilities, but there is a need to share the shifts around in an equitable way.
- Welcome crew: You are the first point of contact for the festival
- Clean-up crew: Staff rubbish rooms, some cleaning
- Bar staff: RSA required (NSW and current). Experience not necessary
- Bar Set up/ pack up crew: Must be available in the week leading up to the festival weekend (6 hrs) and available Sunday night (3hrs)
- Festival Set up (Fri)/Pull down (Sun) crew: Includes physical work
- MC and Stage Managers: Experience required
- Electrical crew: Experience required. Set up in the days leading to the festival weekend. Shift times to be negotiated with the coordinator
- Grounds crew: Includes physical work. Set up in the days leading to the festival weekend. Shift times to be negotiated with the coordinator
- Box Office staff: Cash handling experience preferred
- Merchandise Store staff: Cash handling retail experience preferred
- Lighting crew: Experience required.