Performer Applications for 2018 — March 16th + 17th + 18th
Applications for 23rd Blue Mountains Music Festival open 01 May.
Important stuff when applying
- Artist Applications close on 01 August 2017
- Notification of successful Application by 30 September 2017
- All applications must include:
- A quote of your fee taking into consideration our Terms and Conditions, we do not make offers
- Your CV/Press blurb
- Your preferred press image
- Your current Public Liability Certificate
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- You should advise us of any changes to your application after submission (e.g. you have decided you would like to add a drummer)
The Festival receives many hundreds of applications every year. Unfortunately, we cannot offer appearances to all applicants. We will contact you before 30 September 2016 if your application indicates that your act will fit with the mix of performers in any particular year. If unsuccessful in your application for any year, please apply again in following years to submit new material.
Read this really important stuff
In the interests of spreading the work around all the amazing talent out there, and offering our audiences something different every year, we do not usually book any act within two years of performing at BMMF. If you have played at the Festival last year or the year before, please do not apply this year—we welcome your application in 2018 to perform in 2019.
Generally, artists perform a minimum of two sets during the weekend (and a workshop if appropriate).
We provide comfortable multi-share accommodation, but this is offered to performers only.
Unless agreed by prior arrangement, the Festival requires all artists to be available during the weekend of the festival and also requires exclusive performance rights within a 150Km radius six months prior to the festival weekend.
Quoting fees can be difficult. Because the festival is a non-commercial, independent, community-based event run by a tiny staff and hundreds of volunteers, we therefore suggest you quote a fee that is realistic, moderate, and reasonable. All fees quoted must include GST. Please consider:
- That you cover out of pocket expenses (travel expenses, meals, etc.).
- That a festival booking offers a unique opportunity and exceptional value as a promotional and networking tool.
- That many CD's are sold at BMMF, and this will increase your bottom line. The festival shop has 20% commission on sales.
- That performers are also offered the opportunity to sell CDs stage-side after performances, commission-free.
All fees are paid on the Festival weekend.